Monday is here again!


Monday is here again! Is it me, or is this year flying already? I feel like I am definitely getting older when I say this like, I sound like my mam for sure now! It is so true though the older you get, the faster the time goes. I mean don’t even start me on weekends! Those buggers fly. I do wonder  if we shouldn’t all be working 4 days and having 3 day weekends, it only seems fair ha!

So what are your plans today? I am lucky that before my new job starts I have managed to get a few days of sorting stuff out. Like house stuff, me stuff, blog stuff and the like. I also really need to start doing some research and studying for my new job. It is very technical, unlike me, so I feel a little (read a lot!) out of my depth. Where I normally would freak out, I am trying to embrace this and take on this challenge head on. I can do it, is the new attitude I am aiming for. When you have to learn everything in 2 languages, it does seem a little harder, but I really want to do this.

Today however, I am finding it hard to get motivated to do anything. I see me writing of this a good start though. I am hoping to get all of the tedious washing and ironing done. I have got an even bigger task ahead. I want to sort out my wardrobe, streamline it, well get rid of the crap I have and some of the things that don’t even fit me.  You see the issue that I have is that I find it hard to throw away (give to charity, I never throw anything away, it just feels like it sometimes) clothes and shoes. I still never have anything to wear either, thanks to my freaky body shape and long legs, I have what feels like 50 tops to each bottom!

I have no idea why I have such an attachment to these items. I mean after all that is what they are; items. However for me, I have memories attached to each item. Especially the ones bought for me by family, or friends. I remember the stories behind them all. The good and even sometimes the bad times I have had wearing them. So I think this is why I am putting it all off! I also know it will have to be a mess before it looks any better. I know I have to do it though and believe me I am no hoarder, I do not live in mess. So I have decided I am going to go old school. Dig out some old, favourite CD’s and dance the afternoon away….. after my lunch, obviously. Have a fab week this week, grab it by the short and curlies and run with it!

Comments

Trending Posts