Well I am not sure if you know this, but I am over the moon to have been nominated as “Motivational blogger of the week”. To say I am over the moon is an understatement, as was my surprise. I only write about my true life and so it is very up and down, as is all of our lives. I have included the link within this blog, so you can read it and get to know me better. Please also let me know what you think of my answers and feel free to let me know what your answers would be.
I really don’t want to be negative about today, or this new job, however as well as first day nerves, the reality is also setting in! I have just received my rotas for the next couple of weeks and the reality of the working schedule that has been decided for me isn’t great. You see as I have mentioned I wanted a part-time job so that I could have some more time for me and to do things like this blog, running and seeing friends and my fella more. The rotas that have been sent however means within the first 2 week I will have to miss tonight’s running, both of my weekends, my Pilates class next week and the list goes on. I have worked in so many jobs with unsociable hours, I am just not wanting to go back to that lifestyle. Your health takes a major hit, (well mine did/does) I find it so hard to get into a routine when working hours don’t seem to have one. Big shout out to you shift workers.
As mentioned previously I am not lazy, so please don’t think I am just moaning and being picky. The issue that I have is that the whole point of part time work was to improve my life and that of those around me. I wanted to do some voluntary work at the local foodbank next week and now I will not be able to thanks to the hours I have been given. I really wanted to start giving back to others and now I feel that I can’t do that with a working week like the one I will have.
This is not the end of the world however, so I know now already what I have to do in the new year. I will need to look for a more suitable job, keep going with my running and fitness. Keep in touch with family and friends and find somewhere I can volunteer and give something back. Karma can also be good you see, if I am able to find a job that can let me fit all of this in I can then give back to others. I would love to hear about what kind of volunteer work you do. You never know I met get further inspiration.
One thing that I am so happy and grateful for today is that the weather is improving slightly and so I might even be able to squeeze in a run today if I am lucky and who knows what the day ahead holds. Also it is almost Christmas, which means seeing my loved ones, so I will leave you on that upbeat note and say have a fab start to the new week.

Comments

Trending Posts