Starting work tomorrow


Well tomorrow is my first day of working in the deli, well it is training as it is not open until Wednesday. I feel like it is the first day of school again. Cue flashbacks, I will not cry in this instance though, but I also won’t have my mam to hold my hand and take me there. I am curious as to how it will be. I also have to wear a uniform, which is about as flattering as a potato sack would be and I even have to wear a twat hat! Luckily it is only a baseball cap, so it could have been worse, I guess.

I have luckily met my new colleagues already, so that is something and they all seem relatively “normal”. We are all in the same boat too, as this is a new concept, we are all starting on the same day with zero clue of what we need to do. We are all learning together, which could mean the blind leading the blind, but at least there won’t be that one know it all who makes you feel thick.

I really don’t know what to expect and I also need to contact 2 other agencies about job offers, so I don’t even know what decision I will make. So I am still kind of feeling like I am in a grey area with everything, where that used to be exciting I am finding it a bit all-consuming now. I would love to be settled, but I don’t know about you, when I am settled I get a bit bored. Sometimes I think I have definite issues and other times I think it is because I haven’t found THE thing I really want to do yet, or the company I want to work for and never felt settled in a job for so long because I am always aware that my contract is temporary. I will let you into a secret, I am still a pay as you go wanker, this is mainly because I never have a permanent contract, so even my phone is unsettled ha.

I wish I could do this for a living ,writing and being in contact with you guys. This is something that I love doing and I feel I am quite good at. I mean I definitely suffer from writers block every now and again, but not for long. I think it is because I type how I talk and I am rather chatty, (gobby some would say) and feel at ease with you. In some ways I forget that this is not just me and you having a chat, but out there in the open public domain. I have to admit that can feel very scary and exposed at times, but I do it because I love it and I hope to reach people and make them realise they aren’t alone and the only ones going through certain situations. You can always feel free to contact me via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Almostmidlifeandlookingforacrisis/) , Twitter (@AlmostMidlifeCr )  , Instagram (lynnebambiii) and on here. This is not a shameful plug for my social media, which I know it sounds like it is, but more a sign to you that I would love your feedback and interaction. You might be the only thing to keep me sane in the world of work. I hope you have an amazing and relaxed Sunday and don’t have the Monday blues, if you do and it is so bad every week that it makes you sad, now is the time to think about a career change.  


Comments

Trending Posts